The Springfield March For Science is opening up Park Central Square to organizations whose stated mission is scientific or environmental awareness related. With so many science enthusiasts in attendance, it would be a shame for them to not have the opportunity to discover local organizations and groups with the same passions. We know that you may be reading this a little last minute, but we hope your organization can still pull it together and join us! We have some very excited volunteers who may be able to help you before the event and if that’s something you need, don’t hesitate to drop us an email.
Your organization has the opportunity to meet potential new members during the course of this event. Here are some ideas for you to have at the table:
- Brochures and flyers
- Presentation boards
- Displays and dioramas
- Simple adult activites (that doesn’t generate any trash)
- Kid friendly activities (e.g. native plant seed packet)
We want this to be a fun event for everyone involved, but we’ve got a few rules to follow that’ll make this day go smoothly for everyone:
- Your organization must provide their setup materials, including no more than one table and two chairs
- Setup is between 9 AM & 10:30 AM
- Organization reps must be on site no later than 9:30 AM to be assigned a setup location
- Table must be set up by 10:30 AM
- Event tear down is at 1:00 PM. Please do not tear down early
- Please practice pack in/pack out and remove your own trash
- No sales transactions of any kind can be made at the rally
- We can’t provide electricity for ya 🙁
- If you plan on having some activity or presentation, we ask that it does not distract from the speakers in the bandstand
- We suggest that you have two or more people for your table to ensure community engagement and allow for any necessary breaks.
- Bring pop-up canopy along with you in case it rains. You may need it!
- March For Science is not responsible for any loss or damages
- And finally, we reserve the right to refuse set up of any participant at our sole discretion
Take a few minutes to fill out the tabling application to be considered for a spot on the Square:
Once it’s filled out we’ll review it and respond back within a few days. Thanks so much for helping to make this event that much better!